2014 Awards: Self-nomination
In 2014 South Australian acts can self-nominate for consideration by Peter Darwin’s awards panel, if they are eligible under the following the following criteria:
- There must be demonstrated activity across live performance, recording and songwriting;
- Artists and nominees must be based in South Australia, with a minimum of 50% of members residing in South Australia;
- The artist is not signed to a ‘major’ label;
- The activity being considered is 1st July 2013 to 30th June 2014;
- You understand Peter Darwin as Owner/Operator of Fowler’s Live is the final arbiter on nominations and industry votes;
- Self nominations close Monday 29 September.
Peter’s group of industry peers will then generate five nominations across each of 13 award categories. This invited invited peer panel includes representatives from a number of leading live performance venues, festivals and contemporary music organisations. Nominations will be discussed and considered by this group before being finalised by Peter Darwin. Artists do not need to nominate for consideration. The new feature just provides the opportunity for all eligible artists to be considered.
Voting for five publicly awarded categories will open in September.
The 2013 Fowler’s Live Music Awards celebrated the great diversity of original live music made right here in South Australia.
These Industry Awards recognised success and achievement over the past 12 months, as judged by Peter Darwin and a group of music industry professionals. An additional group of five awards are open to direct public nomination and vote via the public vote page on this website.
2013 Award Night Photos
(photos: Melissa Donato)